To the Shareholders and Supervisory Board of Bank Polska Kasa Opieki S.A.
We have audited the attached consolidated financial statements of the Bank Polska Kasa Opieki S.A. Capital Group ("Capital Group"), for which Bank Polska Kasa Opieki S.A. ("Bank") with its registered office in Warsaw, at Grzybowska 53/57 is the Parent Company.
Those consolidated financial statements include: consolidated statement of financial position prepared as of 31 December 2014, consolidated income statement, consolidated statement of comprehensive income, consolidated statement of changes in equity, consolidated cash flow statement for the financial year from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014 and explanatory notes comprising a summary of significant accounting policies and other explanatory information as required by the International Accounting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards and related interpretations published as European Commission regulations.
Preparation of consolidated financial statements and a report on the activities of the Capital Group in line with the law is the responsibility of the Management Board of the Bank.
The Management Board of the Bank and members of its Supervisory Board are obliged to ensure that the consolidated financial statements and the report on the activities of the Capital Group meet the requirements of the Accounting Act of 29 September 1994 (Journal of Laws of 2013 item 330, as amended), hereinafter referred to as the "Accounting Act".
Our responsibility was to audit and express an opinion on compliance of the consolidated financial statements with the accounting principles (policy) adopted by the Capital Group and whether the financial statements give a true and fair view of the financial and economic position as well as the financial performance of the Capital Group.
Our audit of the financial statements has been planned and performed in accordance with:
- section 7 of the Accounting Act,
- national auditing standards, issued by the National Council of Statutory Auditors in Poland.
We have planned and performed our audit of the consolidated financial statements in such a way as to obtain reasonable assurance to express an opinion on the financial statements. Our audit included, in particular, verification of the correctness of the accounting principles (policy) applied by the Bank and the subsidiaries of the Capital Group, verification – largely on a test basis – of the basis for the amounts and disclosures in the consolidated financial statements, as well as overall evaluation of the consolidated financial statements. We believe that our audit provides a reasonable basis for our opinion.
In our opinion, the audited consolidated financial statements in all material respects:
- give a true and fair view of the information material to evaluation of the economic and financial position of the Capital Group as of 31 December 2014 as well as its financial performance in the financial year from 1 January 2014 to 31 December 2014,
- have been prepared in accordance with the International Accounting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards and related interpretations published as European Commission regulations, and in all matters not regulated in the standards – in accordance with the provisions of the Accounting Act and its executory provisions,
- comply with the provisions of law applicable to the Capital Group which affect the contents of the consolidated financial statements.
The report on the activities of the Capital Group for the 2014 financial year is complete within the meaning of Article 49.2 of the Accounting Act and the Ordinance of the Minister of Finance of 19 February 2009 on current and periodic information published by issuers of securities and the rules of equal treatment of the information required by the laws of non-member states (Journal of Laws of 2014 item 133) and consistent with underlying information disclosed in the audited consolidated financial statements.
Key certified auditor
conducting the audit
On behalf of Deloitte Polska Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością Sp. k. – entity authorized to audit financial statements entered under number 73 on the list kept by the National Council of Statutory Auditors:
– Vice-President of the Management Board of Deloitte Polska Sp. z o.o.
– which is the General Partner of Deloitte Polska Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością Sp. k.
Warsaw, 10 February 2015
The above audit opinion together with audit report is a translation from the original Polish version. In case of any discrepancies between the Polish and English version, the Polish version shall prevail.